Flat Roofing Repair & Installation in Connecticut
Expert Residential & Commercial Flat Roofing Services
At JP Carroll Roofing, we are committed to providing reliable service and trustworthy solutions for your roofing needs. Choosing a flat roof for your residential or commercial building can be a difficult choice because there are so many materials available that offer different benefits.
Some are ideal for large-scale commercial projects, while others cause issues for smaller residential roofs. Some treatments work well in new construction as well as re-roofing applications, while others do not.
Our roofing professionals can help determine the best flat roof for your needs, taking into account energy performance, installation costs, and maintenance requirements.
What Are the Benefits of a Flat Roof?
For certain types of structures, having a flat roof is essential.
This includes large residential and commercial structures, such as:
- Apartment buildings
- And more
There are several advantages of flat roofs including:
- Affordability: The materials used for flat roofs are typically inexpensive.
- Versatility: Flat rooftops can be used on several types of buildings and can also be utilized in unique ways like creating a deck or garden for entertainment. Additionally, flat rooftops are an ideal space for solar panel installation.
- Energy Efficiency: Flat roof has better energy efficiency due to how it is insulated, which is much different from the average sloped roof.
- Easy Installation: Flat roofs take less time to install and repair than alternative roof types.
- Easy to Maintain: Flat roofs are easily accessible and therefore easier to check for damages and potential leaks.
- Convenient Space for HVAC Units: Flat roofs provides enough space for HVAC units, including those used in commercial buildings.
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of a flat roof and if it is right for you, don’t hesitate to reach out to our knowledgeable team!
What Are the Most Common Flat Roofing Materials?
Flat roofing, depending on the material, is appropriate for both residential and commercial buildings.
The materials available for these applications include:
- Built-up roofing (BUR) - an “old-school” treatment that’s an economical but maintenance-heavy option, involving layers of roofing felt and tar.
- Modified bitumen - 3-foot wide rolls of product that is applied so the seams overlap.
- EPDM roofing (ethylene propylene diene monomer) - well-suited for commercial roofing with easy application and low maintenance, especially if a reflective coating is applied to minimize the amount of heat absorbed.
- PVC roofing (polyvinyl chloride) - single-ply roofing made from the same plastic as plumbing, ideal for commercial applications with its moisture-resistant membrane.
- TPO roofing (thermo-plastic olephine) - a fabric-like roofing material that is newer to the industry, cheaper to install than EPDM or PVC roofing.
You can rely on the roofing experts at JP Carroll Roofing for experienced recommendations and solutions. We have the tools necessary to install or repair the flat roof on your residential or commercial building in Connecticut and surrounding areas. Protect your investment by trusting the professionals to install your flat roof.
At JP Carroll Roofing, your satisfaction is our priority! See for yourself what our customers have to say about working with us.
The workmanship of the roof replacement was well coordinated and implemented as promised. John Schultz was very knowledgeable, thorough and detail in his explanation of the roofing project.Jim
Overall fantastic experience, the staff was timely and professional and the customer service I received was above and beyondSam
The price for his time and work was beyond reasonable. I slept very well knowing my roof was leak-free.Sam
Jack was the best. Took care of all of our needs and more. I would highly recommend JP Carroll to all my friends and family.Mike G.
I could not believe how fast they were able to complete such a big job. Well doneSteve