Commercial Roof Installation in West Hartford
Expert Commercial Roof Replacement
Property owners have many options for commercial roof replacement, re-roofing, and new roof installation. Which is the best option for your commercial building? When researching, the acronyms used to describe various roofing types (SPF, TPO, EPDM, etc.) may be confusing, but our team of knowledgeable roofing contractors can walk you through what everything means. JP Carroll Roofing will help you select a roofing or reroofing treatment that suits your building and your budget.
If you need commercial roof repair, replacement, or new roof installation, contact us at (860) 467-1639 to schedule a free estimate today! We provide quality services for commercial roofing systems in West Hartford.
What Is The Life Expectancy of A Commercial Roof?
Check out the expected lifespans of common roofing materials below.
- Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO): 22 to 30 years
- Ethylene propylene diene terpolymer (EPDM): 22 to 35 years
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC): 20 to 30 years
- Metal roofs: 30 to 45 years
- Asphalt roofs: 20 to 40 years
What Affects The Expected Lifespan of A Commercial Roof?
Determine if it's time for a new roof installation near West Hartford by checking out common factors that impact a roof's lifespan below.
- Poor Installation: If your previous roofing company failed to follow best practices during the installation, it's likely to cause recurring problems.
- Slope: When water doesn't flow off the roof properly and pools on the surface because of low spots, leaks and damages will soon follow.
- Ventilation: Limited ventilation in the attic space below a roof leads to a build-up of heat and moisture, baking the roofing materials and causing rot and mold.
- Maintenance: If you haven't kept up with routine inspections and maintenance over the years, smalls problems can quickly become major ones.
- Weather: In addition to being exposed to the elements every day, severe weather conditions like high winds and hail can cause serious damage to roofing materials.
Avoid frequent repairs and costly damages to your building by contacting our team for commercial roof installation in West Hartford or surrounding areas!
Roofing Types, Techniques & Materials
Commercial roofing is sometimes described by the type of roof on the building: flat, low slope, shed and steep slope, for example. In other cases, roofing is described by the installation technique – such as “built-up roofing,” “standing-seam roofing,” “single-membrane roofing,” and “torch-down roofing.” More frequently, roofing is described simply by the material being installed. Here are brief descriptions of the main commercial roofing materials being used today:
- EPDM roofing is sometimes referred to as “rubber roofing” because this roofing membrane material (technically known as ethylene propylene diene monomer) is black and flexible like a rubber inner tube. EPDM roofing can be installed on flat and low-slope roofs. Seams between adjacent EPDM sheets and metal flashing elements are typically sealed with special adhesive.
- TPO (Thermoplastic Polyolefin) roofing is a single-membrane system, just like EPDM roofing. Created in large rolls, TPO can be installed with mechanical fasteners or by fusing seams with heat. The white TPO material used most often does a good job of reflecting solar radiation, which helps to reduce the demand for air conditioning in hot weather.
- Modified Bitumen Roofing is applied in rolls that are usually heated with a torch to seal seams and adhere the asphaltic material to the substrate and to flashing details. The popularity of more modern single-membrane systems (EPDM & TPO) has reduced the demand for modified bitumen roofing.
- Asphalt Shingle Roofing will always be popular. Plenty of commercial buildings with sloped roofs depend on asphalt shingles for weather protection. This roofing option is among the most affordable and allows building owners to choose from many shingle styles and colors.
The expert roofers at JP Carroll Roofing are trained and certified to work with many different types of commercial roofing systems in West Hartford. We provide commercial roofing services like roof repair, maintenance, and roof replacement to ensure your commercial building is properly protected.
Extremely Satisfied- Jim
Everyone tells me how good my roof looks now!- Sam
Great service- Sam
Craftsmanship Was Superb- Mike G.
Quality Was Unmatched- Steve