Hail Damage Repair in West Hartford
Expert Roofing Repairs for Storm Damage
A severe hailstorm can damage roof shingles and other roof elements (skylights, gutters, vent hoods, etc.) in only a matter of minutes. After a severe storm, you need to determine if it caused any roofing leaks that might damage your home’s interior. If your roof did survive a hailstorm without leaking, hail damage may still compromise your roof's integrity. That’s why it’s important to call in an experienced roofing contractor like JP Carroll Roofing to check your roof for hail damage.
We will thoroughly inspect your entire roof and look for any signs of roof hail damage. Our expert roofers have the experience to be able to suggest the best roofing services, whether it's a roof repair or roofing replacement. After a storm, we're the experts to call in West Hartford.
Our hail and storm repair services include:
- Free and thorough inspection of your roof for storm and hail damage, covering gutters, skylights, flashing, vent hoods, vent stacks, chimney caps, and chimneys
- Free estimates for all recommended roof repairs
- Prompt, expert repair and/or replacement of storm-damaged roof elements
How Hail Damages Different Roofing Materials
Experience in roof inspections following hailstorms has educated roofing contractors about how hail damage affects different roofing materials. Not surprisingly, hail damages different roofing materials in different ways.
Roof hail damage can also vary greatly from one part of a house roof to another. This variation is due primarily to the wind that drives the hail. A glancing blow will do less damage than hail that impacts the roof at close to 90 degrees.
- Hail damage to asphalt shingles - Shingles can have broken or cracked tabs, but the most common hail damage takes the form of crushed or dented areas where granules are forced into the shingle mat material or displaced entirely. Since granules protect the shingle from UV degradation, hail dents can result in shortened shingle life.
- Hail damage to wood shingles - Wood shingles can crack from hail impacts. Cracking will be along the grain and can cause parts of shingles to break loose.
- Hail damage to slate roofs - Hail impact can crack slates, although cracks tend to be more random than with wood shingles. Some slates may break loose from their fasteners and slide off the roof.
The high winds that often accompany hailstorms can cause blow-off damage that should be repaired right away. Hail-damaged roof shingles may not cause a problem for months or years, but it’s wise to call JP Carroll Roofing as soon as possible to see if the damage merits roof repair or roofing replacement. We provide free inspections and estimates for hail damage repair throughout West Hartford.
No matter what Mother Nature throws your way, JP Carroll Roofing's roofing services can provide peace of mind and help protect your home against the elements. Contact us today at (860) 467-1639 for a free estimate.
Extremely Satisfied- Jim
Everyone tells me how good my roof looks now!- Sam
Great service- Sam
Craftsmanship Was Superb- Mike G.
Quality Was Unmatched- Steve