Hail Damage Repair in Connecticut
Expert Roofing Repairs for Storm Damage
A severe hailstorm can damage roof shingles and other roof elements (skylights, gutters, vent hoods, etc.) in only a matter of minutes. After a severe storm, you need to determine if it caused any roofing leaks that might damage your home’s interior.
If your roof did survive a hailstorm without leaking, hail damage may still compromise your roof's integrity. That’s why it’s important to call in an experienced roofing contractor like JP Carroll Roofing to check your roof for hail damage.
We will thoroughly inspect your entire roof and look for any signs of roof hail damage. Our expert roofers have the experience to be able to suggest the best roof repair services, whether it's a roof repair or roofing replacement. After a storm, we're the experts to call in Connecticut.
Our Hail & Strom Damage Repair Services in Connecticut
Our hail and storm repair services include:
- Free and thorough inspection of your roof for storm and hail damage, covering gutters, skylights, flashing, vent hoods, vent stacks, chimney caps, and chimneys
- Free estimates for all recommended roof repairs
- Prompt, expert repair and/or replacement of storm-damaged roof elements
What Size Hail Causes Roof Damage?
If your roof is frequently exposed to hail storms, it can shorten the lifespan of your roof over time. However, for hail to cause significant damage to your roof and warrant repair or replacement after a storm, it needs to be around 1” in diameter or larger. Hail this size will inevitably compromise the integrity of your roof and create dents and dings in your roofing materials.
How Hail Damages Different Roofing Materials
Experience in roof inspections following hailstorms has educated roofing contractors about how hail damage affects different roofing materials. Not surprisingly, hail damages different roofing materials in different ways.
Roof hail damage can also vary greatly from one part of a house roof to another. This variation is due primarily to the wind that drives the hail. A glancing blow will do less damage than hail that impacts the roof at close to 90 degrees.
Hail damage affects different roof materials in the following ways:
- Hail damage to asphalt shingles - Shingles can have broken or cracked tabs, but the most common hail damage takes the form of crushed or dented areas where granules are forced into the shingle mat material or displaced entirely. Since granules protect the shingle from UV degradation, hail dents can result in shortened shingle life.
- Hail damage to wood shingles - Wood shingles can crack from hail impacts. Cracking will be along the grain and can cause parts of shingles to break loose.
- Hail damage to slate roofs - Hail impact can crack slates, although cracks tend to be more random than with wood shingles. Some slates may break loose from their fasteners and slide off the roof.
Serving Connecticut Since 1987
The high winds that often accompany hailstorms can cause blow-off damage that should be repaired right away. Hail-damaged roof shingles may not cause a problem for months or years, but it’s wise to call JP Carroll Roofing as soon as possible to see if the damage merits roof repair or roofing replacement.
We provide free inspections and estimates for hail damage repair throughout Connecticut. We also offer flexible financing options so you can get the roof repairs you need when you need them.
No matter what Mother Nature throws your way, JP Carroll Roofing's roofing services can provide peace of mind and help protect your home against the elements. Contact us today at (860) 467-1639 for a free estimate.
At JP Carroll Roofing, your satisfaction is our priority! See for yourself what our customers have to say about working with us.
The workmanship of the roof replacement was well coordinated and implemented as promised. John Schultz was very knowledgeable, thorough and detail in his explanation of the roofing project.Jim
Overall fantastic experience, the staff was timely and professional and the customer service I received was above and beyondSam
The price for his time and work was beyond reasonable. I slept very well knowing my roof was leak-free.Sam
Jack was the best. Took care of all of our needs and more. I would highly recommend JP Carroll to all my friends and family.Mike G.
I could not believe how fast they were able to complete such a big job. Well doneSteve